Health, Wealth, Happiness & Prosperity
CREATIVE THINKING. THINK CREATIVE.

HIP-HOP

HIP-HOP is more than music, HIP-HOP has crossed cultural boundaries that other music genres never crossed. HIP-HOP is not only the music you listen to but the way you walk, talk, dress and act. HIP-HOP is a state of mind, an entire generation. Thirty + years strong, we are the HIP-HOP generation.

"Rap is what we do, HIP-HOP is how we live!" - KRS One

"GOLDIE" By A$AP Rocky (Produced By Hit-Boy)

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Poetry | The Moon | Amanda Mullen

Thursday, September 6th, 2012

To: AG

The Moon

The moon escaped my grasp.
My dreams became too far to reach.
The air grew heavier & the gloom expanded. 
Relentless hope on unforgiving heartbreak. 
Shattered love & a broken soul. 
Lies & mistrust. 
What was real and what was not?
Illusions of a perfect mirror, one in which all seemed beautiful & nothing appeared wrong. All was right. But now the mirror is broken & my dreams are drenched with a toxic poison. 
Start a new...
Is it that simple? 
Obstacles in my path, the terrain is covered with mines. Which way should I go? 
Let go.
Free from a lie yet reality is so much harder to face. 
Where are my blinders? 
Where is the shade that covered the truth and held me close in the night. 
Alone and aware that this is what it is. Afraid of the outcome.
What's done is done. Things cannot change. 
Reach high and maybe I'll catch it, a subtle surprise. It's not there. Impossible. 
Sometimes I'd prefer to dream. But waking up is the curse. Travesty. 
Fate... 
Are you there? Listening, can you hear me? My cries are muffled. You must strain your ears but you don't. Not worth the effort. You gave up. 
No white dress or bouquet. No happy ending, no family. No prince charming, no king. 
Just a white horse to ride off on, alone in the night. 
The moon is my companion now. The only connection I have left to you. 
Do you see what I see, are you looking, entranced? 

- Amanda Mullen (August 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment